Subject: [PATCH] PPC64 iSeries: allow ibmvscsic to initialise
From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
To: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], LKML <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 17:41:10 +1000

Hi Andrew,

This patch supplies an device so that ibmvscsic will actually have
its probe routine called and so allow ti to actually initialise on
(legacy) iSeries machines.

It also adds a device for the virtual console (for consistency only
at the moment).

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/

diff -ruN 2.6.9-rc2-bk7/arch/ppc64/kernel/vio.c 2.6.9-rc2-bk7-vio.1/arch/ppc64/kernel/vio.c
--- 2.6.9-rc2-bk7/arch/ppc64/kernel/vio.c	2004-08-19 17:02:00.000000000 +1000
+++ 2.6.9-rc2-bk7-vio.1/arch/ppc64/kernel/vio.c	2004-09-22 17:14:32.000000000 +1000
@@ -225,6 +225,10 @@
 	struct vio_dev *viodev;
 	int i;
 
+	/* there is only one of each of these */
+	vio_register_device_iseries("viocons", 0);
+	vio_register_device_iseries("vscsi", 0);
+
 	vlan_map = HvLpConfig_getVirtualLanIndexMap();
 	for (i = 0; i < HVMAXARCHITECTEDVIRTUALLANS; i++) {
 		if ((vlan_map & (0x8000 >> i)) == 0)